opam 2.1.3 is released!
Feedback on this post is welcomed on Discuss!
We are pleased to announce the minor release of opam 2.1.3.
This opam release consists of backported fixes:
opam init --reinitwhen the
jobsvariable has been set in the opamrc or the current config. (#5056)
opam varno longer fails if no switch is set (#5025)
- Setting a variable with option
--switch <sw>fails instead of writing an invalid
- Handle external dependencies when updating switch state pin status (all pins), instead as a post pin action (only when called with
- Remove windows double printing on commands and their output (#4940)
- Stop Zypper from upgrading packages on updates on OpenSUSE (#4978)
- Clearer error message if a command doesn't exist (#4112)
- Actually allow multiple state caches to co-exist (#4554)
- Fix some empty conflict explanations (#4373)
- Fix an internal error on admin repository upgrade from OPAM 1.2 (#4965)
- When inferring a 2.1+ switch invariant from 2.0 base packages, don't filter out pinned packages as that causes very wide invariants for pinned compiler packages (#4501)
- Some optimisations to
opam list --installablequeries combined with other filters (#4311)
- Improve performance of some opam list combinations (e.g.
- Improve performance of
opam list --conflicts-withwhen combined with other filters (#4999)
- Improve performance of
opam showby as much as 300% when the package to show is given explicitly or is unique (#4997)(#4172)
- When a field is defined in switch and global scope, try to determine the scope also by checking switch selection (#5027)
You can also find API changes in the release note.
Opam installation instructions (unchanged):
From binaries: run
$ bash -c "sh <(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocaml/opam/master/shell/install.sh) --version 2.1.3"
or download manually from the Github "Releases" page to your PATH. In this case, don't forget to run
opam init --reinit -nito enable sandboxing if you had version 2.0.0~rc manually installed or to update you sandbox script.
From source, using opam:
$ opam update; opam install opam-devel
(then copy the opam binary to your PATH as explained, and don't forget to run
opam init --reinit -nito enable sandboxing if you had version 2.0.0~rc manually installed or to update your sandbox script)
From source, manually: see the instructions in the README.
Au sujet d'OCamlPro:
OCamlPro is a R&D lab founded in 2011, with the mission to help industrial users benefit from state-of-the art programming languages like OCaml and Rust.
We design, create and implement custom ad-hoc software for our clients. We also have a long experience in developing and maintaining open-source tooling for OCaml, such as Opam, TryOCaml, ocp-indent, ocp-index and ocp-browser, and we contribute to the core-development of OCaml, notably with our work on the Flambda optimizer branch.
Another area of expertise is that of Formal Methods, with tools such as our SMT Solver Alt-Ergo (check our Alt-Ergo Users'). We also provide vocational trainings in OCaml and Rust, and we can build courses on formal methods on-demand. Do not hesitate to reach out by email: email@example.com.