The Opam 2.0 cheatsheet, with a new theme!
Earlier, we dusted-off our Language and Stdlib cheatsheets, for teachers and students. With more time, we managed to design an Opam 2.0 cheat-sheet we are proud of. It is organized into two pages:
- The everyday average Opam use:
- Installation, Configuration, Switches, Allowed URL formats, Packages, Exploring, Package pinning, Working with local pins, Sharing a dev setup, Configuring remotes.
- Peculiar advanced use cases (opam-managed project, publishing, repository maintenance, etc.):
- Package definition files, Some optional fields, Expressions, External dependencies, Publishing, Repository administration.
Moreover, with the help of listings, we tried the use of colors for better readability. And we left some blank space for your own peculiar commands. Two versions are available (PDF):
In any case do not hesitate to send us your suggestions on github:
- Louis and Raja, the lead Opam developers, designed this cheatsheet so as to shed light on some important features (some I even discovered even though I speak daily with them!). If a command you find useful is not mentioned, let us know and we’ll add it. Feel free to ask for clarification and/or expansion of the manual!
Note: If you come to one of our training sessions, you’ll get a free cheatsheet! Isn’t that a bargain?
OCamlPro is a R&D lab founded in 2011, with the mission to help industrial users benefit from state-of-the art programming languages like OCaml and Rust.
We design, create and implement custom ad-hoc software for our clients. We also have a long experience in developing and maintaining open-source tooling for OCaml, such as Opam, TryOCaml, ocp-indent, ocp-index and ocp-browser, and we contribute to the core-development of OCaml, notably with our work on the Flambda optimizer branch.
Another area of expertise is that of Formal Methods, with tools such as our SMT Solver Alt-Ergo (check our Alt-Ergo Users'). We also provide vocational trainings in OCaml and Rust, and we can build courses on formal methods on-demand. Please reach out, we'll be delighted to discuss your challenges: email@example.com or book a quick discussion.